Monday, May 10, 2010

Mi cumpleaños!

I was originally skeptical about celebrating my 21st birthday in Spain, without any of my friends and family, but everyone made my bday week here very very special and fun.  Everyone was over the top nice to me, but in a fun way.

On Thursday (even though Friday was my actual birthday), the girls took me out to Indian food and then to my party.  I have to say, I was really touched by how many people showed up.  I was sharing the party with another birthday girl, but I know that many of the people who were there (and I would say there were 40 -50) came just for me.  It made me feel like I was in fifth grade again and was popular :)  

The two bday girls with their cake!  Jesika and I.

Aubrey cutting the cake. 

Jackie and I, with her bday present!

Hiroto and I, and my bday sash haha. 

Kat, Sam, and Jackie.

Cota, Aaron, Liz, Shintaro, Tomonori, Hiroto.

Scott wearing my birthday crown. 

Liz, Celeste, me, and Aubrey.

I loved that everyone dressed up!

Anyway, it was just a really enjoyable night.  I loved that it was such a mixture of groups and everyone had a blast, and I just can't go on more about how much I loved it all.  I am out of words.  It was one of the best versions of a 21st birthday I could imagine.  

6 comments:

  1. You had a Birthday?! Wow! I am assuming that those are NON-alcoholic drinks in all those pictures, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...on my 21st birthday I had non-alcoholic drinks...haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe they got you to wear a crown!!! Impressive :) It was very cute, though I did notice you did not wear the crown in any of those photos lol. I am very happy you had fun missy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, the first sentence should read sash!!!

    ReplyDelete